RULES FOR YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE
1. A team may consist of male and female players. If one team has a female player on the court, then their opponent must have a female player on the court.
2. Each player must play at least 5 minutes per half.
3. Must attend and participate in practive in order to play on game day unless prior approval has been given.
4. Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average or better. Players having a GPA lower than the minimum requirement will be referred for tutoring thru Resurrection Life Computer Lab. As long as the player attends tutoring he or she will remain eligible to play in the program if weekly progress reports are satisfactory.
5. Must submit a copy of their report cards and birth certificate with their application. (If not available at time of application, a copy of their report card must then be submitted prior to playing any games)
6. Must attend school on a daily basis without three or more unexcused absences per quarter.
7. Encouraged to attend one faith-based service per week
8. Have to display good sportsmanship at all times. No use of profanity, no arguing with officials, teammates, or opponents. Any violations of this standard will result in an automatic suspension.
9. Each player must dress appropriately. No jewelry (watches, earrings, nose rings, braclets, necklaces, navel rings, and rings). Shirts must be tucked inat al times, no cut off shorts, and shorts must be worn above the waistline (undergarments should not be visible). Players in violation of the dress code policy will be removed from the game immediately and not allowed back until their uniform is in compliance with the policy (uniformss will be available for each team).
10.Coaches are responsible for the appearance of their teams.
11.Mercy rule will take effect if a team is up by 15 or more points.